Saturday, April 24, 2021

“Love with action and truth” / “Amar de hecho y de verdad”

A reflection based on 1 John 3:16-18


A little fragrant bouquet found on the sidewalk. / Un pequeño ramillete fragante hallado en la acera.

by Magdalena I. García

A tiny bouquet,
smaller than my hand
was lying on the sidewalk,
lost or discarded,
and its beauty
caught my eye.
I picked it up
and when I held it
close to my face
an intense perfume,
sweet and pungent,
filled my senses.
It’s amazing to think
that a fragile cluster,
almost invisible
to a distracted walker
or a hurried passerby,
would hold such beauty
and irresistible aroma.
And such is the case
when we love
with action and truth:
our works of justice
and deeds of mercy,
no matter how small,
leave a fragrant imprint
that brightens up the world
and heals the heart.

%%%

“Amar de hecho y de verdad”


Una reflexión basada en 1 Juan 3:16-18

por Magdalena I. García

Un diminuto ramillete
más pequeño que mi mano,
estaba tirado en la acera,
perdido o descartado,
y su belleza
me llamó la atención.
Lo recogí
y cuando lo sostuve
cerca de mi cara
un intenso perfume,
dulce y penetrante,
llenó mis sentidos.
Es increíble pensar
que un ramito frágil,
casi invisible
para una caminante distraída
o un transeúnte apurado,
tenga tanta belleza
y un aroma irresistible.
Y lo mismo sucede
cuando amamos
de hecho y de verdad:
nuestras obras de justicia
y gestos de misericordia,
no importa que tan pequeños sean,
dejan una huella fragante
que embellece el mundo
y sana los corazones.

© Magdalena I. García


No comments:

Post a Comment