Friday, August 8, 2014

“I Feel the Force of the Wind” / “Siento la fuerza del viento”




Chicago's skyline seen from Lake Michigan on a stormy spring day. 
Perfil de Chicago visto desde el Lago Michigan en un día de tormenta primaveral.
Photo by the author / Foto de la autora

A reflection inspired by Peter’s great feat and the struggle of Hispanic Latin missions inside Anglosaxon denominations.

“But when he noticed the strong wind, he became frightened, and beginning to sink, he cried out, ‘Lord, save me!’”
- Matthew 14:30a (Common English Bible)

by Magdalena I. García

I feel the force of the wind
that scares me, that sinks me.
The wind of indifference,
when you fail to accept me as your sister.
The wind of rejection,
when you refuse to speak my language.
The wind of forgetfulness,
when you exclude me from your plans.
The wind of abandonment,
when you don’t invest in my development.

But in the midst of the storm,
when the waves cover me 
and the current drags me,
when the tide rises 
and I fear I’m drowning,
I feel the force of a different wind.
It’s the presence of the Living Breath
moving once again over the waters.
And it revives me and renews me
like a gentle breeze;
and it launches me and propels me
like a hurricane wind,
to announce that we can stand 
over the sea of injustice
and the ocean of evil
because the God of Life
holds our hand, 
invites us to trust,
and helps us to walk.

%%%

“Siento la fuerza del viento”


Una reflexión inspirada en la hazaña de Pedro y la lucha de las misiones hispanolatinas dentro de las denominaciones anglosajonas.

“Pero al sentir la fuerza del viento, [Pedro] tuvo miedo y comenzó a hundirse. Entonces gritó: ‘¡Señor, sálvame!’”
- Mateo 14:30a (Reina Valera Contemporánea)

por Magdalena I. García

Siento la fuerza del viento
que me asusta, que me hunde.
El viento de la indiferencia
cuando no aceptas que soy tu hermana.
El viento del rechazo
cuando no quieres hablar mi idioma.
El viento del olvido
cuando no me incluyes en tus planes.
El viento del abandono
cuando no inviertes en mi desarrollo.

Pero en medio de la tormenta,
cuando las olas me cubren 
y la corriente me arrastra,
cuando la marea sube 
y temo que me ahogo,
siento la fuerza de un viento diferente.
Es la presencia del Soplo Viviente,
que se mueve de nuevo sobre las aguas.
Y me revive y me renueva 
cual brisa fresca;
y me lanza y me impulsa
cual viento huracanado,
para anunciar que podemos alzarnos 
sobre el mar de la injusticia
y el océano de la maldad
porque el Dios de la Vida
nos da la mano,
nos invita a confiar
y nos ayuda a caminar.

%%%


No comments:

Post a Comment